Peak District Mines Historical Society
Promoting and preserving mining heritage
(Registered charity No. 504662)

Catalogue of the Box “Lake District”

Variety of Item Serial No. Description
Plastic Folder Leaflet – Florence Mine Heritage centre. N.D.
Plastic Folder Newspaper Cutting – Beneath the Lakeland Fells – from ‘The Cumberland News, 1st May 1992.
Plastic Folder Duplicated booklet – ‘Coniston Copper Mines – A Historical Outline’, by Derek Butterworth
Plastic Folder Photocopy – ‘Coniston Copper Mines – A Historical Outline’, by Derek Butterworth
Plastic Folder Photocopy of Challis, P.J. 1979. Greenside Mine: Ore Dressing c1900 – The Dam Disaster 1927.British MiningNo. 11 pp75-81
Plastic Folder Photocopy of Landless, V. 1979. Greenside explored.British MiningNo. 11 pp66-74
Plastic Folder Photocopy – Chapter on Greenside Mine from – Shaw, W.T. 1975. Mining in the Lake Counties. Dalesman Publishing. Pp76-91
Plastic Folder 24 An ‘Introduction to Force Crag Mine’ by George W. Hall. N.d.
Plastic Folder 19 Extracts from E. Holland ‘Coniston Copper’.
Plastic Folder 23 Photocopy of Landless, V. 1979. Greenside explored.British MiningNo. 11 pp66-74; Copies of correspondence about Greenside Mine.
Paper Envelope Copy of ‘T. I. Elliott, 'Anhydrite Mining at Sandwith, Near Whitehaven', reprinted from The Mining Engineer, No. 124, The Institution of Mining Engineers, January 1971
Paper Envelope Article abstracted from a ‘Dalesman Publication – The Way of the Miners, by Eric G. Holland pp241-243
Plastic Folder Photocopy of the Section of Greenside Mine, taken from the 1922 Memoir. Annotated with the route of an exploratory trip c.1980
Plastic Folder Photocopy – Morton, G.R. 1968 Technical Aspects of the early Iron Industry of Furness and District.Historical Metallurgy. Vol. 3 No. 1 pp.6-11.
Plastic Folder Photocopy Article – Harker, R.S. 1966 Copper Mines of the Lake District.Memoirs of the Northern Cavern and Mine Research Society1966 pp35-40.
Plastic Folder Folder of Field Reports re exploration of mines in Eskdale. These took place in the first half of 1963. The only name appearing is J. Miller.
Plastic Folder Leaflets for Tourist Mining Attractions – Threlkeld Quarry, Keswick Mining Museum
Booklet D75 Disaster at Haig Pit, Whitehaven 5/9/1922
Booklet D78 A 1981 reprint of an account of the Coal Mines near Whitehaven published in 1801